This page explains MOBILITY CU's standard overdraft practices and includes opt-in conditions and an opt-in form. Click here for a printer-friendly version.
What You Need To Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but MOBILITY CU pays it anyway. We cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as a link to your savings account or Line of Credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
MOBILITY CU does authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payment
What are the overdraft practices that do not come with my account?
MOBILITY CU does not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
What fees will I be charged if MOBILITY CU pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees MOBILITY CU can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want MOBILITY CU to authorize and pay overdrafts* on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, log into Home Banking where you will find the Opt In option under Account Services, then Overdraft Services. Or call 800-388-7889.
Contact a Debit Card Service Representative at 800-388-7889 for details.
*Qualifying criteria applies. You have the right to revoke this service at any time.